2 fillets of white fish or two cans of tuna
1 zucchini (grated)
1 carrot (grated)
1/2 cup of peas
1 cup of sourdough bread crumbs
1 organic egg
5 medium organic potatoes
*you can add chia seeds or LSA mix if you need extra protein*
- Dice and then boil potatoes in a saucepan of slightly salted water.
- Turn oven onto 150 degrees and add a baking pan with approx 2mm of olive oil or canola.
- When soft drain them and in a bowl add some butter, salt and pepper and mash away!
- When mashed add either the drained cans of tuna or cooked white fish (whatever you prefer).
- Add the peas, grated carrot & zucchini - the added veggies are up for grabs - this recipe is a great excuse to use up the leftover veggies in the fridge! Now add cheese!
- Add the egg & the chia seeds or LSA mix and - I have added both and neither the Mr nor the resident four year old were any the wiser.
Once mixed well grab some day old sourdough bread and mix in the blender to make bread crumbs. Then get the mixture into balls (whatever size to suit you!) and coat with some breadcrumbs.
- Pop the patties into the heated oil and flatten a bit.
- After about 10 mins check & flip them then give them another 5 - 10 mins or until golden then remove and drain on paper towel.
Then are a great last minute meal and a meal to use up items just hanging around the fridge. Serve them with Jamato as a dipping sauce and they absolutely rock! My little person loves cut up carrot and cucumber with them (top photo) and the Mr tucks them away with some homemade fries and coleslaw. Using the Jamato as a dipping sauce gives a meal that could be 'beige' a fair bit of flavour!
Would love to know what you think!